FIND A HOME IN ALLEGHENY WEST > Rental process
Click here to download Our Rental Application
AWF is committed to helping eligible residents secure rental housing in the Allegheny West community. With the neighborhood growing at a rapid pace, our rental units offer newly renovated, affordable housing options in an area that is attracting people from across the Philadelphia region.
We feel that whether you are renting or owning, you deserve a home complete with modern, energy efficient amenities that is both safe and secure. For this reason we have renovated nearly 100 units throughout the community, providing those who rent from us with the same quality of living as those who purchase one of our homes.
Plus, our investment in our rental properties has long-term benefits to Allegheny West: 10 percent of those who rent from us go on to purchase one of our homes, becoming lifelong members of our growing community.
If you’d like to rent one of our properties, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 or older
- You must meet income guidelines
- You, and everyone on your application, must be able to verify income
- You, and everyone on your application, must have worked at current job for at least six months, if employed
- You must have a favorable rental history, from both current and previous landlords
- You must have sufficient income to make monthly rental payments, plus utilities. Section 8 certificates are accepted.
All applications follow the same process. We will request your credit history and information on any landlord housing suits that have been filed against you for non-payment of rent or eviction for lease violations, which we will review. A lack of credit history will not negatively affect your application.
To start the application process, you must fill out our Rental Application, which you can also obtain by calling 215-221-8830. Incomplete applications cannot be processed and will be returned. Please be sure to include the following information:
- Zip codes for all current and previous addresses
- Social Security numbers for all household members
- Any of the following information that applies to each applicant on the form:
- A letter, on company letterhead, stating gross income and length of time employed
- A letter from the Social Security Administration
- A letter from the Office of Unemployment stating amount of benefits received and time period for which they will be received
- A letter from the Department of Public Assistance
- A verification letter stating any other source of income, such as child support or alimony
- Copies of all employed applicants’ last four pay stubs
- Photo identification for all applicants, and Social Security cards for all members of the household
Please keep in mind that any false information on an application will be cause for denial.
There is a non-refundable $15 processing fee for each signer or co-signer on an application. Be sure to include a money order, made payable to the Allegheny West Foundation. The entire application process can take from five to 15 days, depending on credit checks and verifications. When your application is processed, you will be notified by mail.
Send all forms, along with the application, to:
The Allegheny West Foundation
3413 Fox St.
Philadelphia, PA 19129-1392